"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
And talking with another blogger I've realized if I write my 'goals' down, I'm more likely to work harder to achieve my 'dreams'.
"Do all you can to make your dreams come true."
Do you think calling 'resolutions' by different names will make it easier to accomplish them? I do, that 'resolution' word scares the heck out of me!
"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it."
The words 'goal's & 'dreams' seem softer somehow...like those pictures you see with the faded edges.
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
But writing them on my blog for all the world (ok, maybe not the whole world) to see scares me, too! What if my dreams seem unreachable to others? What if people laugh at me?
"Dream and give yourself permission to envision a You that you choose to be."
I've only been blogging since last May, I have so much to learn. But I have enjoyed it and I've already grown a little. The friends I've made along the way have taught me that it's ok to dream, ok to set goals that you may or may not be able to reach. And it's okay to start new adventures no matter where you are in your life!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
C. S. Lewis
And, if I don't achieve all my goals, that's ok too because at least I've tried. And I'll just keep on trying until I do.
"All men of action are dreamers."
And that is my plan. I am going to make all my dreams come true.
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
My word for 2013 is 'Dream'. So now I'll list my dreams, and these will become the goals I will work to achieve for this year.
- Get working on recycling, refinishing & painting old furniture, starting with the pieces in our home
- Sell furniture we don't need
- Learn to use my new/old router and get new bits for it
- Start making all those signs I have envisioned, using the router
- Sell the signs, and gift the ones I plan on gifting
- Write more frequently in my blog. Start with 3-4 days a week
- Monetize my blog
- Finish the main bathroom and repaint (never liked the colour we did)
- Start painting the kitchen wall, ceiling and cupboards
- and install a new floor
- Rip up the horrible carpet in the great room
- Learn how to use the sewing machine again and make pillow covers
A lot? Oh yeah...and seeing them all here makes me think I'm nuts! I told you I'm a dreamer, did I set my goals too high? It'll be interesting to check back at the end of the year to see what I did accomplish. I can't believe I've published pictures of the mess our home is in! You can see how badly this work needs doing...this is the year it will get done.
What dreams do you have? Have you set yourself any goals for this year? Do you have a word for 2013?
I'm sharing with: